Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hydrogen peroxide to the Ears!

Yes, I had a ferocious cold/flu thing over the weekend that involved lots of fevers, sweating, chills and feeling as weak as a butterfly. So after doing every holistic type cure I could find or think of, chicken soup, Vitamin C, cough drops, rest, sleeping, etc. I turned to the Internets. One odd article i saw claimed that a doctor could cure the flu with some peroxide in the ears at the start of symptoms. That is a stretch, but I thought that if this got far enough for someone to write about, and I have a bottle or peroxide in the cabinet, might as well give it a shot.

It worked. Right after I let the peroxide bubble itself down in each ear I felt alot better. The feeling is comparable to the relief I used to feel after taking Alka-Seltzer Cold and Flu Medicine, the tablets that dissolved in a glass of water before the FDA discovered that the active ingredient was actually terrible. So, definitely worth a try if you are uncomfortable with a cold or flu.

No comments: