Thursday, May 17, 2007


Beer! Did that capture your attention? I hope so, because it is Unbiased and Potentially Mean Review of Products time! The other day I picked up a six-pack of organic beer, Stone Mill pale ale from Green Valley Brewing. This beer would probably help alcoholics to recover by turning them off of drinking. It is dark beer, tastes like flat slightly empty Guinness as if an important beer-making step was skipped. So, it didn't exactly make me crave another. I used some of it to deglaze a pan on which I had just finished making a steak and sliced portabello mushrooms. The result was a smoky and dark background, so the plan for the rest of the six-pack is to play around using them in cooking or marinades.

Since I like to balance out bad reviews with good ones- Loreal True Match super-blendable powder is awesome! It helps to know which foundation you wear when choosing the color, I didn't, so I found a mirror at Target (surprisingly difficult in the make-up section) and just looked at a couple against my face. This powder is better then my Lancome dual-finish powder foundation that cost three times as much!It does everything the name indicates; matches the color to your skin perfectly, canceling out redness and softening brown spots. The finely milled power feels silky on the skin, not rough or harsh. One nit-pick; the mirror and puff are on the opposite side on the compact as the powder, so the design could have been better. Later today, off to get a haircut, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Deacon Barry said...

Mmmm, beer.
What did you expect from something labelled 'organic?' What you need is some good Scottish beers, such as Caledonian and Belhaven.
You'll have to include a photo of your compact, I'm not sure what the problem is. Surely having the puff separate from the powder is a good thing?

Amy Paige said...

Hi Deacon! The powder opens up on top, then the puff and mirror open up from the bottom. So, you have to open both sides and flip up and down to put the powder on the puff, and then again to look in the mirror while applying it. So, the old-timey way of having both together is easier.

Deacon Barry said...

I think I've got the idea now. How much do you bet that it was designed by a guy?

Anonymous said...

I think I know why they keep the puff separate...it is so the oils from your face and hands do not contaminate the powder when it's all closed up tight...still is bothersome, but I think they used logic...