Sunday, May 27, 2007

How the other half lives...I have a good friend here in town, she is about the same age as myself and we share wicked senses of humor and close to the same size in clothes. Other then that, her life is completely opposite of mine. She has kids and a big house in the suburbs, as well as the $$ to go out of town on holiday weekends (disclaimer, I was invited to go to the shore this weekend but already accepted an invite to one of my good friend's birthday parties that I really wanted to attend). The thing is, criminals in our metro area have finally gotten smart enough to target the better neighborhoods instead of leaving them alone to do crimes in their own 'hoods.
Which all means that she needed a house-sitter this weekend and I am happy to oblige. Everything about her house is big. Right now, the computer I am typing on has the monitor like three feet away and a ginormous desk. I use a laptop out of necessity due to space issues in my condo. Upstairs is unknown territory for this weekend, been there while she and the kids are home, but if you think I'm wandering up there while I'm here alone forget it. I've seen a horror movie or two in time.
This much everything is a lot to handle- yes it's the American dream and cool for a weekend or two, but when I get home to a TV that I can figure out and my single bathroom I will be fine with that. Oh god the air-conditioner just made a noise- at least I hope that's what it was....

No comments: