Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thank-you all for the sympathy! Well, it was pretty horrible for a while- tried every home remedy I could think of, gave in and took some liquid medicine which made my symptoms Worse and finally, desperately decided to hit a store and buy some chicken soup. After unsucessfully searching for soup that is both organic and has a lot less then 70% of the recommended amount of sodium (like I want to be sick and bloated!) I gave up and just bought the raw ingrediants to make it myself.

The soup worked! The raw sore throat that was the most painful symptom was immediately eased to a slight discomfort in the background. Go figure. So, I am looking forward to chatting with my phone friends, if I should have a coughing fit I promise to send you a couple of free minutes to make up for it next time- the coughing is still unpredictable but at least the frog voice is better.

Soup stuff list I used: all organic or no hormone/antibiotic skinless chicken thighs (on the bone is best), celery, onion, garlic, carrots, butter, sea salt, water of course. I used the butter to brown the chicken in the bottom of the dutch oven while I cleaned and chopped up the veggies, first time trying that and it made a nice richness of flavor. So happy it worked!

No comments: