Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Product review time! A couple of weeks ago I received an insert from Clinique offering a sample of their new mascara in exchange for one of my old mascaras. Sounded good, so I went through my makeup to find one that disappointed and headed to the department store to swap it out. Well, this was my first experience with a make-up consultant that didn't want anything to do with me. As soon as she saw the insert in my hand she looked at me with thinly disguised disgust and handed me a small sample mascara and headed in the other direction. If you are unfamiliar with the world of department store make-up, I assure you this behavior is unheard of. I literally had to stop her to ask the name of the product she had handed to me and some of its features.

The most important part of mascara for me is that it coats, lengthens and does not need another brush to remove clumps. She assured me that this mascara has two tips, brush and comb, so there would be no need for another brush. Wrong. The brush side doesn't do much of anything, while the comb side gave me 4 really thick lashes which were only fixed with, wait for it, a different brush. So, Clinique high definition lashed mascara was not an upgrade. I'm considering tossing the sample.

No comments: