Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well that was the longest time I ever spent in bed without enjoying it. Feeling much better today, even had some food! Did receive two issues of W back to back for entertainment. They had the incredible deal of 12 issues for $8.00 so I signed up, why not, I get lots of fashion mags. Now I know why I never subscribed to W. It is huge, glossy and very fashion-y, too much so. I like a little downtown grit with my style, W is all about socialite perfection, over-designed stiff-looking clothes that may cut you if you stand to close to the woman. It has the feel of Ivana Trump as editor- whom I love but don't want fashion advice from.

Not only that but the make-up was all wrong. Their market is obviously older women who shop at Neiman Marcus, yet they are pushing dark smoky eyes and the pale nude lip. Put that on a woman who is 40 or better and you have a 60's-80's throwback who will look washed out and aged.

Magazines that try too hard to be 'hip' and don't actually give you a good look at the featured garments are just as annoying. hmm, maybe I am just exceedingly hard to please in this area. The egg I slightly overcooked for breakfast is sitting still in my stomach, now that pleases me!

No comments: