Monday, November 27, 2006


"The Fountain" movie review! Actually, it can't be a true movie review as I got so cold that we left early so if it drastically improves at the end I guess I will be waiting for the dvd to find out. I had really high expectations going in to this movie, if it was either as 'big' of a movie as it looked in the previews, or as edgy a film as Aronofsky's (my spelling of his name may be off here) earlier work it would be either cool to watch or completely awesome. Neither! Too many extreme close-ups, too slow, and too much dredging us in the leads Undying Love. I was bored, and for me to be bored while looking at Hugh Jackman is a feat lemme tell you. All was not lost, as I did catch a great sale at Old Navy and picked up a pair of comfy, skinny jeans that look great! Took care of a little xmas shopping too.

1 comment:

Deacon Barry said...

I've found that films often don't live up to the hype surrounding them. It may be visually stunning, but if the plot is weak, it makes for an unsatisfying experience.