Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My friend is trying out for a part in "The Birdcage" for local theater. I think he will get the part.

Validation! The September Vogue finally made it down South and it is as big as a phonebook. Looking through it, I was reminded of a recent conversation with a friend. Said friend was having the fashion issue of boring looking dresses in pictures. I suggested a brooch. Well I may as well have suggested that he wear a diaper on his head based on the strong negative reaction received!

"That's something my grandmother would do" was said. So you can imagine the sweet smugness that welled up in me when I came to the feature article regarding the recent popularity of brooches amoung the uber-chic. Anna forgot to make sure that I was referenced as an early fan of the lovely brooch and it's property of bringing a little sparkle to an otherwise dull outfit or dress, but that's okay. I prefer to keep NY fashionstas at a safe (and long) distance. They're mean cuz they're hungry.

No comments: