Monday, March 12, 2007

Sad event today- I gave one of my friends a ride to the vet's office with her cat, and the kitty isn't doing well. The vet is an old-timer, and he has no idea what the problem is, so is treating the visible signs of infection and took blood to send out for a battery of tests. I'm no vet, but that cat is very sick- looking into her eyes is like looking at an expensive stuffed cat that is old and worse for he wear, no spark or focus. She was clearly the sickest cat there today.

To make things more difficult my friend has advanced anxiety disorder, and so cannot afford to continue paying for treatments that don't work, so she is freaking out with guilt over the cat and worry for her expenses. When I got home my cats seemed concerned, they have not been play-fighting but actually taking turns just hanging out close-by. I hope everyone that has pets who reads this gives them an extra little kiss today, and if you have a friend with anxiety disorder take a deep breath and give yourself some space to relax by yourself or with one of those perky people for some balance.

1 comment:

Deacon Barry said...

I've got four cats, but I know the pain of having to take cats to the vet to have them put down, because they've had tumours. How old is it? If it is young, hopefully the antibiotics might pull it through.